Campus police issue citations for wrongdoing

Kaitlin R. Greenockle, Editor-In-Chief

Pitt-Johnstown police charged 18-year-old Colton Bononi and 19-year-old Brian Potts, both of Pittsburgh, with disorderly conduct March 18.

Officer Edward Ostrowski said he saw Bononi and Potts in Hemlock Hall with intent to cause public annoyance, in an offensive condition and causing alarm by smoking marijuana, according to a citation.

Ostrowski noted in a citation that Bononi and Potts were in possession of a small amount of marijuana and paraphernalia.

Both Bononi and Potts had a $454.50 fine listed for the charges.

Police charged Richard Audu, 22, of Toronto, Canada, and Keegan Libert, 22, of Pittsburgh, with disorderly conduct March 22. Samir Namoro, 20, of Pittsburgh ,and Alexander Reber, 21, of Jefferson Hills, Allegheny County, were also charged with disorderly conduct March 22.

Officer Matthew Updyke said he saw the four boys outside Willow Hall with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance and alarm. The group was recklessly creating a risk by engaging in a fight and threatening violence, according to a citation.

Audu was attempting to throw punches to start a physical fight. Libert and Namoro were involved in the fight, and Reber was swearing and refusing to comply with Updyke, which landed him in handcuffs.

A $254.50 fine was listed for Audu, a $254.50 was listed for Libert and Namoro and a $354.50 fine was listed for Reber.