IUPattys is growing

Callie Burgan, Opinions Editor

Parties may be on the horizon as Saint Patrick’s Day approaches, but some students may be making their way to one location for their get-togethers. 

Penn State University sophomore Liv Wilson said that she was looking forward to spending the lucky holiday at Indiana (Pa.) University for what is called “IUPattys” among students. 

“So many people come in from out of town to celebrate at IUP.

“Last year, my friend drove in from Philadelphia,” Wilson said.  

“My friends and I always have a fun time getting decked out in green, shamrock-themed outfits and cutting loose.”  

Indiana (Pa.) University freshman Zach Beblar said that he probably will not be participating in the parties taking place. 

“Frats are definitely known for getting busted quickly. 

“I probably won’t be going to any parties unless I get invited to a smaller house party, just to be safe,” Beblar said. 

Indiana (Pa.) University  senior Kearston Ashley said that she will be participating in the upcoming IUPattys, as she has in years prior. 

“Full disclaimer: I am not Irish, nor do I have much green in my wardrobe,” Ashley said. 

For some, IUPattys is a time to catch up with friends who do not get to see each other often. 

West Chester University junior Sydney Stroski said that, last year, she drove in to celebrate IUPattys with her friends, and she plans to do so again. 

“I wish they didn’t live so far away,” Stroski said.

Some Pitt-Johnstown students have decided to visit Slipper Rock University for their Saint Patrick’s Day festivities. 

Freshmen Jessica Ford and Neal O’Brien said they are excited to try something new for the holiday. 

“We’ve decided to go against the current and see what kind of party scene Slippery Rock may have to offer,” Ford said. 

Junior Ashley Delich said she is to attend IUPattys.

“I’ve gone in the past, and it is always a memorable time.“